Steel fibers are also known as structural fibre. In comparison to traditional reinforcement, there exist a lot of advantages of using steel fibres, such as:
- Reduction of floor construction costs
- Strengthening the floor stab in the whole section
- the lesser susceptibility to scratches
The quantity and type of fibreses are chosen by our designers individually for each project according to target floor loads and a collaboration with the producents such as ArcelorMittal and Bekaert guarantees 100% of the project success.
We can differentiate two types of steel rod reinforcements: ready-made mats or traditionally bolted reinforcing steel (with a rod diameter above 12 mm). The type of meshes, as well as diameter and bar spacing, are selected individually for each implementation.
Synthetic fibers can be divided into two types: polypropylene and copolymer.
- polypropylene fibers, so-called microfibers are antispasmodic reinforcement
- copolymer fibers, so-called macro fibers are structural reinforcements frequently used on external surfaces. They increase the bending strength of concrete and resistance to fatigue.